this recipe is not complete. no mention of what to do with the canned soups or sauces..
- 1/2 pound ground mild pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 18 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional: 1 avocado, chopped
- Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in jalapeño and next 5 ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce onto bottom of a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish; top with 6 tortillas; sprinkle with half of Cheddar cheese. Top with 6 tortillas; repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and next 3 ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with avocado, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles