Mexican Hot Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 3 cup(s) tomatoes (red or green) chopped
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil with 1/2 tsp salt until onion is clear. add spices. Transfer to saucepan and add tomatoes, water, tomato paste and wine. Add remaining salt. Cover and simmer of 1/2 hour or longer. Several hours is best.
- Sauce can be left in chunky form or you can puree all or part of it.
- Note: Hot spices tend to get hotter as they cook. It is recommended that you add the cayenne a little at a time, so the degree of hotness is to your tolerance.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes