Mexican Hot Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 3 cup(s) tomatoes (red or green) chopped
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil with 1/2 tsp salt until onion is clear. add spices. Transfer to saucepan and add tomatoes, water, tomato paste and wine. Add remaining salt. Cover and simmer of 1/2 hour or longer. Several hours is best.
- Sauce can be left in chunky form or you can puree all or part of it.
- Note: Hot spices tend to get hotter as they cook. It is recommended that you add the cayenne a little at a time, so the degree of hotness is to your tolerance.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note