Mexican Hot Dance Spuds
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 677
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Sodium: 1523mg
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- 4 russet potatoes (8 to 10 oz. each), scrubbed
- 1 pound ground lean beef or turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) shredded cheddar or jack cheese (or 1/8 lb. of each)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, including green tops
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Cook in a microwave oven on full power (100%), turning over once, until potatoes are tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes. Or bake in a conventional oven at 400° until tender when pierced, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir beef until crumbled and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add chili powder to beef and stir about 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and salsa. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Spoon meat mixture equally onto cut side of each potato half, and top equally with cheese, tomato, onions, and olives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes