Mexican "Hot Chocolate" Mousse
- 8 ounces sweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spiced chai latte powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon sugar
- Place chopped chocolate in a large glass bowl.
- Combine chai powder and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat. Pour warm milk mixture over chocolate; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 6 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Beat egg yolks in a large bowl at high speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until pale and doubled. Gradually add sugar syrup, beating 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Gradually fold into melted chocolate.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and whipping cream into chocolate mixture. Serve in mugs.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and a cinnamon stick. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note