Mexican Hot Chocolate Buttons
Stand: 3 Hours
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) roughly chopped pitted dates (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted cashews
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened soymilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- Put water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, add dates, cover and set aside to let steep for 5 minutes; drain well. Transfer dates to a food processor, add cashews, soymilk and vanilla and pulse, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until smooth.
- Transfer date mixture to a large bowl, stir in 1/2 cup cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Transfer remaining 1/2 cup cocoa to a wide, shallow dish. Make each button by forming about 1 teaspoon of the cocoa mixture into a ball. Roll in cocoa, and then press flat with your thumb; transfer to a large parchment paper-lined sheet tray as done. Set aside to let firm up a bit, 3 to 4 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note