This is excellent!
Mexican Hot Chocolate
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5-oz.) chili chocolate bar, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Garnishes: whipped cream, shaved chocolate
- Bring milk, cinnamon stick, cocoa, and vanilla to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; stir in chopped chocolate until melted. Remove from heat. Add chili powder, if desired. Discard cinnamon stick. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We tested with Lindt Excellence Chili Dark Chocolate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages