Mexican Hot Chocolate
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) plain flour
- 1 cup(s) cold water
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1. Place the sugar, cocoa, salt, flour, cinnamon, and water in a large saucepan. Place the saucepan over low heat and stir until the mixture dissolves into the water.
- 2. After the mixture is dissolved, turn up the temperature of the stove to medium heat. Stir the mixture until it boils. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- 3. Add the milk. Continue to stir until the milk is hot, but not boiling.
- 4. Just before the milk boils, remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evsharer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Hot Chocolate Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Nonalcoholic