Mexican Hot Chocolate
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups milk
- Miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, just until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes.
- Stir in milk, and cook until thoroughly heated. Whisk mixture until foamy.
- Pour into mugs; top with miniature marshmallows, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages