- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso® enchilada sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® fajita seasoning mix or 2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces cooked deveined peeled medium shrimp (with tails left on, if desired), thawed if frozen
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, if desired, cut in half lengthwise and crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup 1/2-inch pieces red onion (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calcium 6 g
- calories 110
- caloriesfromfat 30
- carbohydrate 10 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- fat 3.5 g
- fiber 2 g
- iron 2 %
- protein 10 g
- sodium 870 mg
- sugars 2 g
- satfat 0 g
How to Make It
In large bowl, mix enchilada sauce, seasoning mix and lime juice with whisk until smooth. Fold in remaining ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 2 hours, stirring once, to blend flavors. Serve in cocktail glasses.
Skewer one of the shrimp and/or cucumber slices with a mini cocktail fork (available at party warehouse stores). Serve 1 on the edge of each glass for a cute garnish...and a way to eat the shrimp cocktail!
Turn this fresh appetizer into a summer soup by adding an additional can of enchilada sauce and increasing the lime juice to 1/2 cup.
Like a little kick? Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons red pepper sauce with the lime juice.