Mexican Egg Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the eggs, 3-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, tomatoes, chilies, onions, hot pepper sauce, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 421 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 382 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Egg Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch