Mexican Egg Bake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 corn tortillas finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef ( or you can use ground turkey, chicken or chorizo ) cooked and seasoned, mexican style
- 4 slice(s) provolone cheese
- 6 eggs whipped
- 1 small can(s) green chilies diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) mexican blend cheese shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Cook ground beef, or any other ground meet, seasoned mexican style then set aside. In separate bowl, whip eggs with green chilies and salt and pepper, set aside. Sauté onions, garlic an tortillas in oil. Once translucent and tortillas are soft add cooked ground beef, or any ground meat of choice, and cilantro. Spray baking dish, 8x8 square or round with pam. Add meat mixture to baking dish. Layer with sliced provolone cheese. Cover with egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, take out and sprinkle with shredded cheese, bake another 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jlinifer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note