Mexican Dinner Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread, cut up
- Shredded lettuce
- 4 tortilla salad shells or boats
- Toppings: chopped tomato, sliced ripe olives, sour cream
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in tomatoes, seasoning mix, and 3/4 cup water; cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in pinto beans and cheese spread; cook until cheese spread is melted. Serve over shredded lettuce in tortilla salad shells with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note