I have never liked deviled eggs, as I am not a fan of mayo, but these are definitely more flavorful than the typical recipe. They taste better if allowed to sit for a few hours so the flavors can meld--at first all I could taste was the "pickled" and mayo, but after a couple hours they taste more unified. They have a little kick but aren't at all spicy. Definitely sprinkle chili powder as a garnish.
Mexican Deviled Eggs
Although these eggs are not too spicy, prepare a milder version by reducing the amount of minced jalapeños.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño slices, minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: chile powder and fresh parsley sprigs
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash egg yolks in a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients, and blend well.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture evenly into egg-white halves. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Deviled Eggs Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This