Very easy to make and really good.
Mexican Crock-Pot Chicken
Get maximum Tex-Mex flavor when you cook chicken breast halves, onion and salsa in the slow cooker. Top the chicken with shredded cheese, and serve with beans, lettuce, tortillas, and additional salsa for an easy meal that involves less than 10 minutes of prep.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 53g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
- Sodium: 610mg
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green or red salsa, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (15 oz.) red beans, heated
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Soft, fresh corn tortillas, warmed for serving
- Combine broth, salsa and flour in a slow cooker, whisking to blend. Stir in onion, then arrange chicken in the pot, smooth side up. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken-breast halves to a plate. Ladle sauce from pot into a blender and puree. Stir in sour cream. Return sauce and chicken to the pot. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Arrange chicken on plates and top with shredded cheese. Serve with beans, lettuce, additional salsa and tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note