- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green or red salsa, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (15 oz.) red beans, heated
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Soft, fresh corn tortillas, warmed for serving
- calories 427
- fat 13 g
- satfat 8 g
- protein 53 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 144 mg
- sodium 610 mg
How to Make It
Combine broth, salsa and flour in a slow cooker, whisking to blend. Stir in onion, then arrange chicken in the pot, smooth side up. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Remove chicken-breast halves to a plate. Ladle sauce from pot into a blender and puree. Stir in sour cream. Return sauce and chicken to the pot. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Arrange chicken on plates and top with shredded cheese. Serve with beans, lettuce, additional salsa and tortillas.