- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion and next 4 ingredients. Sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Stir together cornmeal mix, next 5 ingredients, and 1/4 cup oil until blended. Stir in onion mixture.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet in a 400° oven 10 minutes. Pour cornmeal mixture into skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note