The original recipe in the magazine had 1 Tablespoon of salt instead of 1/2 teaspoon. I'm trying to find the rest of the magazine and the next issue to see if they had a correction. All I have now is the one page with the recipe.
Layer the ingredients for this homemade Mexican cocoa in a jar, add a ribbon and a tag, and you have a simple but stylish gift.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 158
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 3.4g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped Mexican chocolate (such as Ibarra)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Layer cocoa powder, powdered milk, brown sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, and Mexican chocolate. Add a few cinnamon sticks to top of jar.
This mix will fill a 1-quart jar (12 servings), but if your containers are different sizes, just keep the ratio of ingredients constant. On the back of the tag, write: "Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water. Store remaining mix in airtight container."
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note