the sauce was super thick and grainy. I had to add twice as much cream to make it thin enough to use a sauce. When it was finally the right consistency and I tasted it was terrible and sour! It needed more sweetness somehow... maybe a different kind of chocolate.
Mexican Chocolate Sauce
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Leslie Siegel
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-oz.) package semisweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter until melted. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This