This was delicious! I cooked it for exactly 30 minutes and it was cooked through on the edges and gooey in the middle. It paired perfectly with vanilla ice cream. The one thing I would change is decrease the hot pepper and increase the cinnamon. The pepper was subtle, but it was still too much for my kids.
Mexican Chocolate Pudding Cake
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in granulated sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in flour, next 4 ingredients, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 2. Pour batter into a greased (with butter) 2-qt. baking dish. Stir together sliced almonds, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Sprinkle almond mixture over cake batter. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. (Center will be soft.) Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note