- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in granulated sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in flour, next 4 ingredients, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
Pour batter into a greased (with butter) 2-qt. baking dish. Stir together sliced almonds, next 2 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Sprinkle almond mixture over cake batter. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. (Center will be soft.) Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Serve warm.