Mexican Chocolate Pound Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) semisweet chocolate baking squares chopped
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 4 whole(s) large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- powdered sugar, optional
- Mexican Chocolate Sauce
- 1 - Preheat oven to 325F. Microwave chocolate baking squares in a microwave-safe bowl at high for 1 minute and 15 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring at 15 second intervals. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate, chocolate syurp, and vanilla until smooth.
- 2 - Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 3 - Bake at 325F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and let cool completely (about 1 hour and 30 minutes). Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Mexican Chocolate Sauce.
- *** 2 (4.4 ounce) packages Mexican Chocolate, chopped, may be substituted. Omit ground cinnamon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings