Mexican Chocolate Ice-Cream Pie from Southern Living
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) cinnamon graham cracker crumbs divided (abt. 22 crackers)
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1 (4 oz) bar(s) semisweet baking chocolate finely chopped
- 1 (3.5oz) package(s) roasted, glazed pecan pieces
- 1 pint(s) chocolate ice cream softened
- 1 pint(s) coffee ice cream softened
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) coffee liqueur
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together 2 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs and next 2 ingredients; firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir together semisweet chocolate, pecan pieces, and remaining 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup chocolate-pecan mixture to top the pie.
- 3. Spread chocolate ice cream in bottom of prepared crust; top top with remaining chocolate-pecan mixture. Freeze 30 minutes. Spread coffee ice cream over chocolate mixture. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- 4. Beat whipping cream and coffee liqueur at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream mixture over pie; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup chocolate-pecan mixture. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until whipped cream is firm. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chocolate Ice-Cream Pie from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts