I have made this several times. It is great and easy.
Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate mini-morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 33 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove cake from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Gradually stir in powdered sugar; if necessary, add remaining 1 tablespoon milk, stirring to desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
- Microwave remaining 1/2 cup chocolate morsels and shortening in a small bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Pour melted chocolate into a small zip-top freezer bag. Snip 1 corner of bag, and drizzle over brown sugar glaze. Sprinkle almonds on cake.
- Tip: For a thinner glaze, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts