- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablets (6 1/2 oz. total) Mexican chocolate (see notes), chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (see notes)
- calories 206
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- protein 2.6 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- sodium 73 mg
- cholesterol 43 mg
How to Make It
In a 2- to 3-quart pan over low heat, frequently stir butter, unsweetened chocolate, and Mexican chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, flour, and pine nuts until well blended.
Spread batter evenly in a buttered and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
Bake in a 350° oven until edges feel firm to touch and begin to turn a shade darker, 25 to 30 minutes.
Run a knife between pan rim and brownie. Let cool in pan on a rack, about 1 hour. Cut into 9 or 16 squares.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per small brownie.