Great recipe...just don't forget to put the cheese in =)
Mexican Chili Cornbread Casserole
My husband and I have been enjoying this recipe for years. If you want to freeze it, cool the Mexican chili and freeze it in an 8x8 pan. When you're ready to enjoy, remove from freezer, add prepared corn muffin mix, and bake until chili is bubbly and corn topping is golden brown.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup(s) red pepper, diced
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 cup(s) frozen yellow corn
- 1 package(s) taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can(s) condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded (for the best result, shred it yourself!)
- 1 box(es) corn muffin mix (I like Jiffy)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and saute onions and peppers until they start to soften. Add ground beef and cook through.
- 3. Add corn, taco seasoning, red pepper flakes, and condensed tomato soup to pan and heat through (about 2 minutes). Spoon into prepared pan.
- 4. Prepare corn muffin mix according to directions on package, and pour over meat mixture.
- 5. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KLMcNelis and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chili Cornbread Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles