Mexican Chicken Stew (slow-cooker)
Community Recipe from
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth (approx 2 cans)
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) chopped tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 14 ounce(s) black beans (1 can) drained
- 3-4 cup(s) zucchini, cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts (3 half) boned & skinned
- 1 cup(s) rice (optional)
- Spray slow-cooker crock with oil.
- Cut chicken into 1-2" chunks.
- Layer onion, carrot and pepper at bottom of crock, followed by corn, beans, chicken, and zucchini. Combine seasonings, tomatoes, and broth. Pour over rest of ingredients in slow-cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Cook rice and combine in slow-cooker during last hour of cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note