Mexican Chicken Stew (slow-cooker)
Community Recipe from
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth (approx 2 cans)
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) chopped tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 14 ounce(s) black beans (1 can) drained
- 3-4 cup(s) zucchini, cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken breasts (3 half) boned & skinned
- 1 cup(s) rice (optional)
- Spray slow-cooker crock with oil.
- Cut chicken into 1-2" chunks.
- Layer onion, carrot and pepper at bottom of crock, followed by corn, beans, chicken, and zucchini. Combine seasonings, tomatoes, and broth. Pour over rest of ingredients in slow-cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Cook rice and combine in slow-cooker during last hour of cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes