Mexican Chicken Soup
You can hardly find a 3-3 1/2 lb. chicken any more so go with what you can find.If you double the recipe, don't double the bouillon granules as it might make it too salty. Taste to test. I usually add more zucchini. I also use canned chopped tomatoes, and sometimes add more than 1 can.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3-3 1/2 lb. chicken
- 6 quart(s) water
- 3 stalk(s) celery, in pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 16 oz can tomatoes, undrained & chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup(s) English peas, frozen
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, simmer 1 hr. or until tender. Remove chicken from broth; let cool. Bone & cut into bite-size pieces. Strain broth, discarding veges. Return broth to Dutch oven; add bouillon granules, carrots, chopped onion, and tomatoes. Cover & simmer 30 min. Add chicken, zucchini, and peas; cover and simmer an additional 10-15 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annette1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews