Mexican Chicken Soup
"Soups to Savor: Beans add nutrients and healthy, filler fiber ... and they're cheap" by Michael Hastings. Beans: lentils, pintos, black, kidney, cannellini, etc. A favorite winter soup recipe from Melissa Clayton of Kernersville, Mexican chicken soup uses kidney and black beans. Taste and simplicity: lots of color and flavor. Recipe yields 6 to 8 servings. Winston-Salem Journal: January 16, 2013.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 10-ounce can(s) Rotel tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce can(s) Rotel Mexican tomatoes (with lime and cilantro)
- 1 15-ounce can(s) whole kernel corn
- 1 15-ounce can(s) black beans
- 1 15.5-ounce can(s) kidney beans
- 2 14-ounce can(s) chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro, shredded Mexican-style cheese, crushed tortilla chips (garnish)
- 1. Cook chicken and onion in oil until chicken is done. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients (except garnishes). Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Serve with fresh, chopped cilantro or with shredded, Mexican-style cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note