Mexican Chicken Soup
A fantastically flavorful and slightly spicy soup made with shredded chicken and black beans. I usually make this in the morning and let it simmer all day to let the flavors blend.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 3 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 28 oz. can(s) diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can(s) hominy
- 32 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 jalapeno peppers minced
- 2 15 oz. can(s) black beans drained
- 3 chicken breasts shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro sliced
- 1. Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- 2. Add spices and tomatoes.
- 3. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 4. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer at least 10 minutes.
- 5. Serve topped with diced avocado, crumbled tortilla chips, green onion, sour cream, and/or cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Debence and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews