Mexican Chicken Chili
Community Recipe from
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) onion
- 1 cup(s) celery
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (trimmed well)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10oz) Old El Paso mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large can (26.5 oz) Bush black beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1 can (16 oz) Bush kidney beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1 Tbsp. garlic salt
- Chili powder to taste (I use just a dash in ours since it intensifies in the crock pot)
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese/sour cream
- Tortilla chips/flour tortillas
- * You can also use dry beans that have soaked overnight, but they take a little longer to cook so you might need to adjust cooking time.
- Drain and rinse both cans of beans in a colander. Set aside to dry.
- Line bottom of crock pot with chicken.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly on top making sure to cover chicken.
- Add onion, celery and tomatoes (with tomato juice).
- Add beans, garlic salt and chili powder.
- Stir slightly just to mix top ingredients.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Pull out chicken breasts and shred with a fork.
- Add chicken back in and stir well.
- Serve with grated cheese and/or sour cream on top and tortilla chips (we eat our like a dip) or warm flour tortillas on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by crsilvestain and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chicken Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes