- 8 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 seeded jalapeño pepper, quartered
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10-ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
To prepare salsa, combine first 4 ingredients on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 20 minutes or until charred, stirring once. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Place tomato mixture in a food processor; add cilantro, lime juice, and pepper. Process until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare casserole, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cup onion, corn, zucchini, and bell pepper; sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Add chicken and next 5 ingredients (through green chiles); sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
Spread 1/2 cup salsa over the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange half of tortillas over salsa. Spoon 2 cups chicken mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with 3/4 cup salsa. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of each cheese. Repeat layers, starting with remaining tortillas and ending with remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes until bubbly.