Mexican Chef Salad
Wonderful with ground Turkey too. I also use non fat Italian Dressing . I substitute the iceberg with mixed greens.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 15 ounce(s) Can kidney beans Drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) Chili powder
- 2 can(s) 4oz taco sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian salad dressing
- 6 cup(s) Iceberg lettuce Torn
- 3 1/2 cup(s) Romaine lettuce Torn
- 1/2 cup(s) Green onions with tops Sliced
- 7 1/2 ounce(s) Package tortilla chips
- 1 Large tomato Chopped
- 4 ounce(s) Sharp cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 Small avocado Sliced & coated with lemon juice
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat. Drain. Stir in beans and chili powder; cook, uncovered, until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in taco sauce and salad dressing. Cool slightly.
- Combine lettuce and green onions; place in a large bowl. Crush chips, reserving several whole ones for a garnish. Place chips on each serving plate, layer the lettuce, meat mixture, avocado, tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HHIandWP and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Chef Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews