Mexican Cheese Grits
- 1 cup uncooked regular grits
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in cheese product until melted. Stir together milk and eggs; stir into grits mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and next 3 ingredients, and sauté until tender. Stir onion mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese, and ground red pepper into grits mixture. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, and bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note