Mexican Caesar Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 5.5g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Cholesterol: 5.1mg
- 1 chili- or tomato-flavor flour tortilla (10 in.)
- 2/3 cup nonfat or reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 8 cups rinsed, crisped romaine lettuce in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons shelled, roasted pumpkin seed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 1. Cut tortilla into strips about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long. Arrange in single layer in pan about 10 by 15 inches.
- 2. Bake in a 400° oven until strips are crisp, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl the sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, and cilantro until cilantro is finely chopped.
- 4. Place lettuce in a wide bowl, add dressing, and mix. Top with tortilla strips, pumpkin seed, and cheese. Mix to serve.
Use flavored or plain flour tortilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note