Mix up your mundane meal plans and try this Mexican Braid. Stuffed with turkey, tomatoes, corn and onions, an ordinary loaf of dough can turn into a flavorsome entrée.
Yield: Serves 16
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 10-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 8-oz. pkg. shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Brown turkey with tomatoes and onion in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Add corn; cook until heated through. Roll out each loaf of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Transfer to baking sheets that have been lined with lightly greased aluminum foil. Cut diagonal slits along each side of the dough, about one inch apart and 3 inches deep. Place half of turkey mixture in the center of each piece of dough. Top each with half of cheese. Fold in short sides of dough, pinching to seal. Fold dough flaps over the turkey mixture, alternating sides and creating a braided pattern. Pinch edges to seal. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mexican Braid Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes