This was a quick and easy weekday meal. I also used low fat cream cheese, chicken broth and milk. It was still creamy and tasty.
Mexican Bow-tie Pasta with Chicken
You can use almost any shape of pasta in this recipe, but my family is very partial to bow-ties. I usually buy them at the dollar store, which is where I can get them the cheapest.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in flour; slowly pour in milk and broth, stirring constantly. Add salsa and cream cheese and stir until sauce is hot and bubbling and cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- 3. Add drained pasta to skillet; stir until pasta is coated with sauce and everything is well combined. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note