This has potential. I added some peas, corn, and mushrooms. I now think some sun dried tomatoes and broccoli crowns would have been good in it as we'll. nevertheless, the base recipe needs some help. In the end, it was pretty good and now I know what I would do if I make it again.
Mexican Bow-tie Pasta with Chicken
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in flour; slowly pour in milk and broth, stirring constantly. Add salsa and cream cheese and stir until sauce is hot and bubbling and cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- 3. Add drained pasta to skillet; stir until pasta is coated with sauce and everything is well combined. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes