Mexican Black Bean Lasagna
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 whole(s) large onion
- 2 whole(s) jalaapenos finely chopped
- 1 whole(s) red pepper cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 can(s) black beans (15 oz can) rinsed
- 1 cup(s) corn frozen
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped plus more for serving
- 1 can(s) red enchilada sauce (10oz can @ 1 cup)
- 9 whole(s) small tortillas
- 6 ounce(s) Muenster cheese (@ 1.5 cups) shredded
- sour cream and hot sauce optional
- Heat oven to 425°F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the jalapeños, bell pepper and garlic and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the beans, corn and chili powder and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of an 8-in. square or 1 1/2-qt baking dish. Top with 3 tortillas, tearing them to fit as necessary. Spread a third of the remaining enchilada sauce over the top (about 1/2 cup). Top with a third of the bean mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat twice.
- Bake until the lasagna is heated through and the top is beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
- tips & techniques
- Make it ahead: Line the baking dish with foil, leaving a 3-in. overhang on two sides. Prepare the lasagna as directed. After baking, allow it to cool in the dish. Use the overhangs to lift it out; wrap tightly in plastic, then foil, and freeze for up to 2 months. To serve: Let thaw in the refrigerator, remove the foil and plastic, and transfer the lasagna to a casserole dish. Reheat in a 375°F oven, about 20 minutes.
- Nutritional Information
- (per serving)
- Calories 307
- Total Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Sodium 654mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34g
- Dietary Fiber 8g
- Sugars --
- Protein 15g
- Calcium --
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ericka321 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note