Made a great accompaniment to chicken tacos and corn on the cob. I used one large orange and a can of red grapefruit sections, also used a jalepeno and less onion. Leftovers were also excellent.
Mexican Black Bean-and-Citrus Salad
Tangelos, a cross between grapefruit and tangerines, add a rich, tart flavor to this bean salad. If you can't find this citrus hybird, substitute oranges or tangerines. Serve this recipe with chicken, fish or pork.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 174
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 30.9g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated tangelo rind
- 1/4 cup fresh tangelo juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tangelo sections (about 8 tangelos)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and diced bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine rind and next 6 ingredients (rind through hot sauce) in a small bowl. Combine onion mixture, tangelo sections, cilantro, and beans in a bowl. Add juice mixture; toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note