I know it's just a mix together convenience recipe but I still really liked it.
Mexican Beef 'n' Rice
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup refrigerated salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (8.5-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve whole-grain Santa Fe rice
- Toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, salsa, guacamole, shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Wipe skillet clean.
- 2. Combine ground beef mixture, beans, and next 3 ingredients in skillet, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Prepare Santa Fe rice according to package directions. Stir into beef mixture. Serve with desired toppings.
- Note: We tested with Uncle Ben's Ready Whole Grain Medley Santa Fe Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note