Mexican Beef Enchiladas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 whole(s) onion diced
- 2 can(s) green chilies, chopped
- 1 1/2 envelope(s) taco seasoning mix
- 16 ounce(s) cottage cheese, small curd
- 12 ounce(s) sour cream
- 12 whole(s) soft tacos
- 2 envelope(s) "Pioneer" Brand Brown Gravy Mix, or 3 envelopes of another brand
- 2 can(s) sliced black olives, small cans, drained
- 16 ounce(s) cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown hamburger and onion; drain. Add green chilies; taco seasoning; cottage cheese, sour cream, and mix thoroughly.
- Spray two 9x13 pans with PAM, or lightly grease pan bottoms.
- Divide the meat mixture in half, concentrating on the 1st pan for 6 portions of meat mixture for the 6 soft tacos and wrapping the meat mixture inside the taco. Place each taco, seam side down into the pan. Continue with the second pan.
- Prepare the two "Pioneer" Brand brown gravy mixes together per package instructions. Pour the gravy over the two pans of tacos to evenly distribute.
- Note: If you cannot find Pioneer brand gravy mix, you can use any brown gravy mix, but increase the packages to three. Pioneer brand will provide more gravy than other brands that I have used.
- Top the tacos with the shredded cheddar cheese and, lastly, top each pan with one can each of drained sliced black olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned on top.
- Leftovers can be reheated in a toaster oven or microwave.
- This dish can be served with spanish rice and refried beans that have melted Monterey Jack cheese on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by spellbinder1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note