Mexican Beef Enchiladas
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 whole(s) onion diced
- 2 can(s) green chilies, chopped
- 1 1/2 envelope(s) taco seasoning mix
- 16 ounce(s) cottage cheese, small curd
- 12 ounce(s) sour cream
- 12 whole(s) soft tacos
- 2 envelope(s) "Pioneer" Brand Brown Gravy Mix, or 3 envelopes of another brand
- 2 can(s) sliced black olives, small cans, drained
- 16 ounce(s) cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown hamburger and onion; drain. Add green chilies; taco seasoning; cottage cheese, sour cream, and mix thoroughly.
- Spray two 9x13 pans with PAM, or lightly grease pan bottoms.
- Divide the meat mixture in half, concentrating on the 1st pan for 6 portions of meat mixture for the 6 soft tacos and wrapping the meat mixture inside the taco. Place each taco, seam side down into the pan. Continue with the second pan.
- Prepare the two "Pioneer" Brand brown gravy mixes together per package instructions. Pour the gravy over the two pans of tacos to evenly distribute.
- Note: If you cannot find Pioneer brand gravy mix, you can use any brown gravy mix, but increase the packages to three. Pioneer brand will provide more gravy than other brands that I have used.
- Top the tacos with the shredded cheddar cheese and, lastly, top each pan with one can each of drained sliced black olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned on top.
- Leftovers can be reheated in a toaster oven or microwave.
- This dish can be served with spanish rice and refried beans that have melted Monterey Jack cheese on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by spellbinder1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes