Mexican Baked Potato Skins
Yield: 16 appetizers.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut from cob (about 3 ears)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream alternative
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) 50% less-fat Cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Scrub potatoes; prick each potato several times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until potatoes are done.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add red pepper and green onions; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn, chili powder, salt, and pepper; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and let cool. Stir in sour cream and minced cilantro. Set aside.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/8-inch-thick shells. Cut each shell in half lengthwise. Reserve potato pulp for another use.
- Place shells, skin side down, on an ungreased baking sheet; spray shells lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until crisp. Spoon corn mixture evenly into shells; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers