The picture looks great - but pico de gallo is expensive to buy pre-made, or home-make. You also do not account for the avacados in your recipe, either. Those are not cheap. A tortilla with beans and cheese is affordable, at $1/serving - but it's also not very inventive, either.
Mexicali Meatless Tostadas
Photo: Jennifer Davick
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen meatless burger crumbles
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 12 tostada shells
- 1 (8.5-oz.) pouch ready-to-serve whole-grain Santa Fe rice
- 1 (16-oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Topping: pico de gallo
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare crumbles according to package directions. Stir taco seasoning into hot crumble mixture. Prepare tostada shells and rice according to package directions.
- 2. Layer refried beans, crumble mixture, and rice on tostada shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425° for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with topping.
- Note: We tested with MorningStar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This