Solid casserole. Has a corn bread cover, very hardy.
Mexicali Hamburger Casserole
- 1 1/2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz can mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) finely shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 recipe Fresh Tomato Toss
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In 12-inch skillet cook and brown beef; drain off fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes and 1 cup of the corn; heat through. Transfer to greased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 2. For corn bread topping, in medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in egg, milk, and oil. Evenly spread on beef mixture. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until topping is set. Let stand 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sweetnlow257 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note