More From Health
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 345mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1. Spread mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
- 2. Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- 3. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
- 4. Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note