Mexi-Texi Bistec Pedazos on Roasted Corn and Garlic Chipotle-Cilantro Mashers
2006 Cook-Off Finalist. To prevent the beef from sticking to the bottom of the Dutch oven, stir every 20 minutes while simmering.
More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds BEEF Boneless Top Sirloin Roast, cut into 2- to 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Mexican Oregano Leaves
- 2 teaspoons MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups beef broth
- Roasted Corn and Garlic Chipotle-Cilantro Mashers
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Garnish: sliced avocado
- 1. Sprinkle roast evenly with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a Dutch oven over high heat.
- 2. Stir together flour, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Whisk in 1 cup warm water until smooth.
- 3. Add 2 cups beef broth to Dutch oven. Stir in flour mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover tightly, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring every 20 minutes.
- 4. Divide Roasted Corn and Garlic Chipotle-Cilantro Mashers evenly among 6 serving plates. Arrange roast equally on top of Mashers, and top with gravy mixture. Dollop each serving with sour cream, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This