- 3 pounds BEEF Boneless Top Sirloin Roast, cut into 2- to 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Mexican Style Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Mexican Oregano Leaves
- 2 teaspoons MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups beef broth
- Roasted Corn and Garlic Chipotle-Cilantro Mashers
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Garnish: sliced avocado
How to Make It
Sprinkle roast evenly with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a Dutch oven over high heat.
Stir together flour, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Whisk in 1 cup warm water until smooth.
Add 2 cups beef broth to Dutch oven. Stir in flour mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover tightly, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring every 20 minutes.
Divide Roasted Corn and Garlic Chipotle-Cilantro Mashers evenly among 6 serving plates. Arrange roast equally on top of Mashers, and top with gravy mixture. Dollop each serving with sour cream, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired. Garnish, if desired.