Did another 'what's in the fridge' exploration and came up with another tasty one-dish meal. Figured I should record it so I can re-create it. I did this with stuff on hand and made 2 servings. I am increasing for 4 servings and some amounts are approximate. Recommend doing lower temps while adding ingredients so overall time is not exacting. The wing sauce was a gift from someone for doing buffalo chicken wings. Not sure what to recommend for replacement. Zippy, but not too.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) red bell peppers slice each side off of pepper and cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion quarter and slice into 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 can(s) chopped green chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) pre-cooked chicken breasts Cut into 1/2" by 2" strips. Can be grilled or baked ahead of time. Created this for left overs.
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine or prosecco Not too picky about the wine - I used prosecco because it was on hand.
- 1/8 cup(s) hot wing sauce Something someone gave us - Buffalo Wing King Foods Wing Sauce. Have found it handy in small amounts for zip to various recipes, including salads.
- 1/2 cup(s) Trader Joes Red Mole Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) diced celery
- 1 can(s) Whole kernel corn
- 2 whole(s) avocado
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream or yogurt
- Heat a 10" saute pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil..
- Add onions and peppers and cook for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add one small can diced green chilis.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced chicken breast and tomatoes to pan.
- Stir to heat for several minutes.
- Add chicken broth, wine, wing sauce and Mole sauce.
- Add chopped celery.
- Add canned corn.
- Let bubble at med for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice avocado into quarters and then halves.
- Pre-heat large soup/stew bowls. (I am a big fan of pre-heating the dishes.)
- Use a slotted spoon to serve stew into bowls. Then use solid spoon to add sauce as desired.
- Spread avocado over stew, and sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Put a dollop of sour cream or yogurt on top.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by barnaclebill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note