Did another 'what's in the fridge' exploration and came up with another tasty one-dish meal. Figured I should record it so I can re-create it. I did this with stuff on hand and made 2 servings. I am increasing for 4 servings and some amounts are approximate. Recommend doing lower temps while adding ingredients so overall time is not exacting. The wing sauce was a gift from someone for doing buffalo chicken wings. Not sure what to recommend for replacement. Zippy, but not too.
- 2 whole(s) red bell peppers slice each side off of pepper and cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion quarter and slice into 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 can(s) chopped green chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) pre-cooked chicken breasts Cut into 1/2" by 2" strips. Can be grilled or baked ahead of time. Created this for left overs.
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine or prosecco Not too picky about the wine - I used prosecco because it was on hand.
- 1/8 cup(s) hot wing sauce Something someone gave us - Buffalo Wing King Foods Wing Sauce. Have found it handy in small amounts for zip to various recipes, including salads.
- 1/2 cup(s) Trader Joes Red Mole Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) diced celery
- 1 can(s) Whole kernel corn
- 2 whole(s) avocado
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream or yogurt
- Heat a 10" saute pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil..
- Add onions and peppers and cook for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add one small can diced green chilis.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced chicken breast and tomatoes to pan.
- Stir to heat for several minutes.
- Add chicken broth, wine, wing sauce and Mole sauce.
- Add chopped celery.
- Add canned corn.
- Let bubble at med for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice avocado into quarters and then halves.
- Pre-heat large soup/stew bowls. (I am a big fan of pre-heating the dishes.)
- Use a slotted spoon to serve stew into bowls. Then use solid spoon to add sauce as desired.
- Spread avocado over stew, and sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Put a dollop of sour cream or yogurt on top.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by barnaclebill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note