Mesclun and Romaine Salad with Warm Parmesan Toasts
Dress up a typical salad by using more refined greens, adding fresh herbs, and tossing it with high-quality olive oil and vinegar. Top the salad with warm slices of cheese-topped baguette. You can substitute chopped red onions for the shallots.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 165
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 4.8mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- Calcium: 159mg
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices French bread baguette
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups gourmet salad greens
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare toasts, arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Turn bread over; sprinkle each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine the shallots and vinegar in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil, salt, mustard, and pepper; stir well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, place salad greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mesclun and Romaine Salad with Warm Parmesan Toasts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This