- 8 large, thick-skinned oranges
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby mixed greens
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- calories 241
- fat 13 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 7 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
How to Make It
Grate 1/4 tsp. zest from top of an orange. Slice 1/2-inch slice off top of oranges and carve out pulp; slice enough off bottom of oranges so they won't roll. Slice pulp of four oranges into half moons (1 1/2 cups); set aside. Juice rest of pulp (1/4 cup); set aside.
Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on each orange.
Whisk together reserved orange zest and juice with vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, ginger, pepper and salt. Whisk oil in until combined.
Toss greens and reserved orange pieces with 2 to 3 Tbsp. dressing. Stuff orange shells with salad; top with pumpkin seeds.