Loved this drink. They have a wonderful strong, tart cranberry flavor, therefore, they are really complemented by the sugar on the rim. Also, they are a beautiful, rich red color, perfect for winter holidays but so good I plan to make them often. We used Triple sec liqueur.
Merry Cranberry Margaritas
Photo: Andrea M. Gómez; Styling: Miranda Jones
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 6.7g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Sodium: 3.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 3 cups coarsely crushed ice
- 1. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into a shallow bowl. Pour 3 tbsp. sugar onto a plate. Dip rims of 4 to 6 widemouthed glasses (6 to 8 oz., suitable for margaritas) into juice, then sugar. Set glasses aside.
- 2. Reserve 12 cranberries. In a blender, whirl the remaining cranberries, cranberry juice, and sugar, the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and ice until smooth and slushy. If necessary, blend in 2 batches, then mix together. Divide among glasses and garnish with reserved berries, skewered on toothpicks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages