Loved this drink. They have a wonderful strong, tart cranberry flavor, therefore, they are really complemented by the sugar on the rim. Also, they are a beautiful, rich red color, perfect for winter holidays but so good I plan to make them often. We used Triple sec liqueur.
Merry Cranberry Margaritas
Who says margaritas are just for summer? Celebrate the holidays with this festive frozen drink featuring both cranberry juice cocktail and fresh cranberries. Reserve some of those fresh berries to make a simple garnish.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 6.7g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Sodium: 3.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 3 cups coarsely crushed ice
- 1. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into a shallow bowl. Pour 3 tbsp. sugar onto a plate. Dip rims of 4 to 6 widemouthed glasses (6 to 8 oz., suitable for margaritas) into juice, then sugar. Set glasses aside.
- 2. Reserve 12 cranberries. In a blender, whirl the remaining cranberries, cranberry juice, and sugar, the lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and ice until smooth and slushy. If necessary, blend in 2 batches, then mix together. Divide among glasses and garnish with reserved berries, skewered on toothpicks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note